- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Peel banana and put in a blender.
- Add strawberries and blueberries to the blender.
- Measure yogurt with dry-ingredient measuring cup. Add yogurt to blender.
- Measure milk with a liquid measuring cup. Add milk to blender.
- Measure sugar with a measuring spoon. Add sugar to blender.
- Using the blender’s puree setting, combine ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in drinking glasses and serve.
From: Brekka Larrew
Peanut Butter Banana Power Shake
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 2 to 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons 100% whey protein powder (½ serving, no sugar, flavors, or artificial ingredients added)
- Dash of ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Tip: Prep frozen bananas by peeing and cutting ripe bananas into slices and freezing them in a zip-top plastic freezer bag.
From: David Ludwig - Always Hungry
Triple Chocolate Chunk Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, chilled
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, cut into ½” pieces
- 3 oz. milk chocolate, cut into ½” pieces
- 3 oz. white chocolate, cut into ½” pieces
- Preheat Oven to 375 F
- In large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut butter into ½” cubes and distribute over flour mixture. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In small bowl, stir together buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chunks until they are evenly distributed.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 2: between scones. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of a scone comes out clean.
- Remove baking sheet to a wire rack and cook for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer scones to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container. (They will freeze well)
Chili and Garlic Chex Mix
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 bag (3 oz.) fat-free butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- ¼ cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 Tbs. canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 300 F. In a very large bowl, mix cereal, popcorn, and peanuts. Drizzle with oil; toss until evenly coated. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over cereal mixture. Toss until evenly coated. Spread cereal mixture in ungreased large roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring once. Spread on wax paper to cool, about 10 minutes. Store in airtight container.
From: Women’s World