Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners’ sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.
- 1 - 16 ounce package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 24 ounce package white chocolate bark
- 1 - 24 ounce package chocolate bark
- Using a blender or hand held mixer, mix Oreos and cream cheese together.
- Roll into walnut sized balls.
- Chill for an hour.
- Melt approximately ¾ package of white almond bark.
- Stick a toothpick in an Oreo ball and dip it in the melted white almond bark.
- Allow to harden on wax paper. (Takes about 15 minutes)
- While waiting melt about ¼ package of chocolate almond bark.
- When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate and white almond bark. (Can use a sandwich bag with a tiny hole cut in one corner to drizzle the almond bark.)
- 2 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 – 1 ounce package ranch dressing mix
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- In a medium sized bowl, mash cream cheese.
- Mix dressing mix and Cheddar cheese into the cream cheese.
- Shape the mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in the chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
Easy Sausage Cheese Balls
- 1 pound sausage
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups baking mix
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a medium bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, and dry baking mix. Mix together, and shape mixture into walnut-sized balls. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Veggie Cream Cheese Bagel Ball
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup chopped radishes
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno (optional)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Bagels, bagel chips, or crudités for serving
- Place ¼ cup carrots, reserve the remaining carrots for coating the cheese ball) and the bell pepper in a clean kitchen towel or sturdy paper towels and gather at the top. Squeeze the carrots and pepper to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Using a stand mixer or a bowl and a spatula, mix together the carrots, bell pepper, cream cheese, radishes, 2 tablespoon scallions (reserve the remaining scallions for coating the cheese ball), jalapeno, if using, and salt until combined. Form the mixture into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, roll the cheese ball in the remaining carrots and scallions to coat.
- Serve with bagels, bagel chips, or crudités.
From: Michelle Buffardi