Rocky Road Dump Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15.25 to 18-ounce) box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, pudding mix, and milk until smooth. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips, then sprinkle evenly with the marshmallows. Sprinkle the top evenly with the pecans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges of the cake begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Peach Walnut Dump Cake
- 2 (15oz) cans sliced peaches with juice, undrained
- 1 (16oz) box white cake mix, dry (ignore ingredients on box)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Pour peaches with juice into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over peaches.
- As evenly as possible, pour melted butter over dry cake mix (it’s ok if some spots are still dry).
- Sprinkle walnuts and coconut over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
From Mostly Homemade Mom www.mostlyhomemademom.com adapted by Gooseberry Patch, Country Quick, and Easy Cookbook.
Master Scratch Dump Cake Mix
1 dump cake (2 cups)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
4 dump cakes (8 cups)
- 5 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium or large bowl, mix ingredients for either 1 cake or 4 cakes until well blended.
- Use immediately in one of the dump cake recipes in this chapter or store in tightly covered container in cool, dark location up to 1 month or freeze up to 3 months.
Mixed Berry-Peach Dump Cake
- 4 cups fresh mixed berries
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 single recipe Master Scratch Dump Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened Whipped Cream if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place berries and peaches in pan. Sprinkle with sugar; stir gently to combine. Spread fruit evenly in pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together cake mix and oats; sprinkle evenly over fruit. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until light golden brown and cake is set. Serve warm or with ice cream.
Rhubarb-Raspberry Dump Cake
- 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (1/2 inch pieces).
- 3 cups fresh raspberries.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 single recipe Master Scratch Dump Cake Mix.
- ¾ cup butter, melted.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger.
- 1 tablespoon clear or white decorator sugar crystals.
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place rhubarb and raspberries in pan. Sprinkle with granulated sugar; stir gently to combine. Spread fruit evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over fruit. Drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with ginger and sugar crystals.
- Bake 43 to 48 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Lemon Zucchini Bread
For the Bread:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
For the lemon glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with you fingers until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon sugar mixture, eggs, olive oil, lemon juice, and vanilla. Smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined, the batter will be thick. Stir in the zucchini and batter into the prepared loaf pans. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the loaves on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread. Carefully remove the loaves from the pans. Let cool completely on rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the loaves. Slice and Serve.